KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Sr. Low Voltage Designer Building Products
The Sr. Low Voltage Designer will develop complete sets of documents, drawings, calculations, & variations for the low voltage scope (Telecom, Integrated Systems, Cable, etc.) of Katerra building products. These products shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills, experience performing alternative analyses, experience working with cross-functional teams or in integrated project delivery approaches, & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Low Voltage Designer will be a member of Katerras Building Product Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Development of Network Riser Diagrams, Structured Cable & Fiber communication networks, network/cable system sizing, & network/bandwidth connectivity requirements.
- Development of CCTV, Access Control, telephony, A/V Systems, wireless network, & Public Address.
- Supporting product selection of & primarily configuration of LV devices.
- Development of device specifications & Basis of Design documentation.
- Support the engineering of prefabricated assemblies for low voltage system installations.
- Oversee, review, and/or participate in detailing, BIM modeling, & high LOD low voltage system design.
- Partial/supporting development & review of Fire Alarm designs.
- Own development of permit set packages & review of installation sets, submittals, etc. for the low voltage scope in prototype or first-build deployments of new Katerra Building platforms.
- Perform rigorous value engineering of low voltage system designs factoring in costs & constructability & working with the product leads & other resources
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, architecture, etc. to develop high quality building products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Electrical Engineering, IT, or Computer Network systems.
- Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification
- 4+ years of experience as a lead designer for telecom networks & A/V/access systems in building construction projects.
- 3+ years of experience specifying LV devices & reviewing equipment submittals.
- Testable knowledge of leading optical ethernet technologies, network hardware platforms, TCP/IP protocols, & vendors/manufacturers/contractors.
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Revit, Bluebeam, & Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Electrical, Industrial, or Controls Engineering in at least one U.S. state with the potential for reciprocity in all U.S. states.
- Cisco CCNA certification or similar.
- Cisco hardware & standards, such as Catalyst Switches (2520 series), ASR routers, ASA firewalls.
- 1+ years of experience as the main point of contact for the low voltage discipline in integrated project delivery (IPD) projects.
- 1+ years of experience working in a design-build contractor organization.
- Experience working at a company that performs prefabrication for electrical/FA/tele-data assemblies.
- Knowledge of specific standards in UL, IEEE, & other standard collections.
Seattle, WA primarily; may consider strong candidates in San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA
Fluctuates (10% expected); domestic travel
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.