View All Jobs
:: you know what to do ::
Our new eBook!
:: you ::
Please fill out the following 17 fields for a free download of this punchline.
If this made you painfully chuckle & *smh,* youre perfect for this role.
Moving is one of lifes most stressful events. Still, every year, 12M+ US households move from one home to another through an antiquated process that requires interactions with many businesses. So, we built one trusted app to help movers accomplish all their moving-related tasks in one place, saving time & money along the way.
At Updater, we acquire our users (movers) through B2B partnerships with real estate companies including brokerages, property management companies, & more. Therefore, were seeking an experienced B2B Marketing Automation Lead to strategize, create, & execute marketing programs to drive sales goals. The goal: keep Updater top-of-mind & turn our prospects into demos for our enterprise sales team.
This role is equal parts technology & people. Its a highly visible role with the weighty responsibility of scaling our B2B marketing initiatives. It touches multiple departments marketing, sales, success, & product so you must be as much of a team player as you are a marketing automation expert.
Were seeking a professional with extensive knowledge & proficiency in Pardot & Salesforce, & 3-5 years of marketing operations experience. Our best marketing team members are creative & organized self-starters, with a special knack for growth hacking in a fast-paced environment. Youll need a willingness to be flexible, a proactive nature & entrepreneurial spirit, & the keen instinct to de-prioritize campaigns that do not have a direct impact on growth. You must be both a thinker & a doer. As a bonus, you should also be a feeler, who understands buyer behaviors & has a pulse on our buyers at any given point in the lifecycle.
What youll do:
- Think strategically with an iterative mindset, understanding when & where to automate the sales funnel.
- Create & manage workflows & email campaigns within Pardot.
- Manage daily program creation & implementation, program builds, user enablement, & operational efficiency (standardizing repeatable tasks, etc.)
- Control database management & scoring.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like previous engagement & website interactions.
- Measure results & optimize campaign performance until its awesome.
- Ensure standards are applied to marketing automation initiatives with a focus on quality output.
What you have:
- Empathy: you strive to put yourself in another persons shoes & start to think about the problem needing to be solved from their perspective
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you communicate complex ideas in simple, easy-to-understand language & build trust with stakeholders
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- 5+ years minimum of relevant B2B marketing experience
- 3-5 years minimum of marketing operations-specific experience
- Expertise in Pardot & Salesforce required
- Strong business/copywriting skills there is a heavy amount of writing required
- You are a problem solver
- Understand data & how to use it in marketing
- A willingness to try new things, & possibly fail
- A far-reaching attention to detail
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.