Senior Mobile Technical Program Manager
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization. Seattles vast talent pool & legacy of innovation make the city a perfect destination for our west coast team - come help craft the culture as we launch our new campus!
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
A Mobile Technical Program Manager at Compass is empowered to drive cross-cutting initiatives across our product & engineering organization focused on our mobile platforms. The initiatives you drive will span deep technical improvements such as performance & reliability, development & deployment of scalable engineering systems (e.g. shift to cross-platform development), & product & data initiatives (e.g. instrumentation of customer usage & sentiment). You will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient & consistent, & set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, evaluating risks & communicating status to upper management & project stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Identify opportunities for efficiency & scale & define vision for your team & the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Be respected by a team of highly technical & top talent engineers
- Help build a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science & 5+ years experience
- Proven track record of technical program management in top talent & high performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams & managers
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Familiarity with iOS, Android, continuous integration & delivery
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, & operations divisions