We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We believe travel brings out the best in us, opens our eyes to the world & connects us to each other. Millions of people visit our site & app every month, looking for guidance in planning their next trip. Where to go? What will it be like? Will it be worth it? As Product Designers, we can help take the anxiety out of their travel planning, answer their questions, & more importantly, inspire & empower them to explore the world with confidence.
Last year was a big year for us at Tripadvisor we updated our brand & rebuilt our app, & now were expanding our Product Design team.
Were seeking a Product Designer II to play a critical role in shaping Tripadvisors traveler digital experience. As a Product Designer II, youll work alongside a team of world-class designers, engineers, product managers, & content creators to design for the 450 million+ travelers across the globe that travel with us monthly.
What youll do:
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, & researchers to translate user goals into elegant, memorable design solutions
- Manage multiple projects of moderate scope across the product lifecycle, setting the vision for the user experience, & clearly explaining the strategic purpose & user value behind decisions
- Follow & advocate for the design system, with the latitude to push it further
- Ensure designs & user interfaces deliver core brand strategy & vision
- Break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps; realize ideas with the appropriate level of detail & fidelity at every phase
- Drive and/or collaborate on all cyclical user testing sessions
- Operate autonomously & drive progress by balancing collaboration, alignment, & decisiveness
- Operate across projects with different speeds & effectively balance big thinking & timely execution
- Be the voice of the consumer, advocating for solutions that deliver the best user experience with a consideration of available site data, user research, & industry best practices
- Actively participates & contributes to team culture & identifies areas of improvement & potential solutions
What you have:
- 3 to 6 years experience designing across mobile & web at consumer-focused brands or agencies
- Passion for design systems & data-informed product design
- Incredible design chops with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Experience designing for iOS & Android platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, & a strong design point of view
- A passion for travel
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products & demonstrates originality, innovation, & strong problem solving skills
This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.