At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
This internship is targeting students with experience & interest in Data Engineering, Data Analytics or Data Science.
The Data Engineer & Analytics Intern delivers full-stack data solutions across the entire data processing pipeline. This role relies on systems engineering principles to design & implement solutions that span the data lifecycle - collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, & deliver data at scale & at speed. It includes knowledge of local, distributed, & cloud-based technologies; data virtualization, & all security & authentication mechanisms required to protect the data. Development & deployment of machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, & statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
What you'll do
- Pursuing degree in Bachelor's or Master's Degree program at an accredited university Degree focused inComputer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related field
- Work through all stages of a data solution lifecycle, e.g., analyze / profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, architect & design ETL, reporting & analytics
- Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, & data toolsets & the ability to apply them
- Identify key metrics & build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business & its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, & communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the business teams like Finance, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Customer Support, Product, Engineering
- Proficiency in data modeling techniques & understanding of normalization
- Has software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving, conceptualization, & communication skills
- Shown creative problem solving & proactive learning
- Role to be based inAustin, TX of San Francisco, CA
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Distributed data systems (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark - SQL, Streaming)
- Data APIs
- Database systems (SQL & NO SQL)
- Data warehousing solutions (Time phasing, Dimensional modeling, Snapshot)
- Data Analytics tools (Tableau, Qlikview)
- Languages: Java Script, SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, R, Scala, XML, Java, Shell Scripting
- Full-stack (frameworks such as React, AngularJS & NodeJS)
- Cloud platform(GCP, AWS, Azure)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.