Away is excited to expand our ongoing commitment to DEI & were seeking a passionate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager to champion & implement our DEI strategy & initiatives. Reporting to & partnering with the Chief People Officer, you will lead the development, execution & management of programs to promote DEI within Away while ensuring that these initiatives are clearly communicated, understood & successfully implemented as you share vocal thought leadership across the company.
The ideal candidate is someone who is an experienced DEI leader with a track record of successfully building a variety of DEI programs relevant to the population & needs of the organization, successfully assessing gaps, & measuring progress with a passion to promote meaningful, long lasting change. Youve also executed creative programs throughout the employee lifecycle to ensure a diverse workforce & equitable internal practices. This is an amazing opportunity for a strong candidate to take on this important work at Away, as you will be the key architect in how Away designs & implements DEI initiatives.
As a company that truly values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert & effective thought partner to lead DEI efforts while you advise, coach & guide at all levels to build cultural competence
- Partner with CPO to identify, define & establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness & success of DEI programs
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to evaluate initiatives to ensure that DEI has been considered, including but not limited to People policies, practices, procedures, & internal communications
- Partner collaboratively with People team members on L&D, inclusion advocacy & related initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle that enhance the employee experience & attract, retain & promote a diverse workforce
- Help define how Aways DEI strategy aligns with our business goals & what drivers influence business decisions, in partnership with leaders across the company
- Stay current on DEI programs, research & developments; network & build relationships with professional & educational organizations & underrepresented groups; & consider opportunities to represent Away externally
- Be an authentic & trusted DEI advocate for employees & serve as a change champion at Away
- Create & facilitate safe spaces for honest & helpful dialogue around DEI while building trusted partnerships, credibility & influence
- Facilitate & co-facilitate DEI trainings, discussions, events, & programs
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop comprehensive diversity recruitment & retention strategies
- Partner with our ERGs & People Experience Lead to increase cultural awareness, support Aways diversity goals, increase business impact, & employees sense of community
- Partner with our external DEI vendors & consultants on training & other initiatives e.g. our DEI Council, ongoing leadership training
- Influence decision-making & priorities through compelling data, analysis & recommendations
- Collaborate with internal communication owners to ensure that DEI is considered in all aspects of our internal & external communications, while owning regular communication of diversity initiatives, events & progress
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of directly relevant experience as a D&I practitioner developing D&I programs
- You have strong knowledge & understanding of the principles of diversity, equity & inclusion
- You believe that DEI is truly your purpose & passion & you thrive on helping others develop understanding & application
- You have knowledge of federal & state EEO/AAP laws & compliance
- You have high EQ, strong self-awareness, integrity, professional ethic & safeguard confidential & sensitive information
- Youre a curious & open minded continuous learner
- Youre a strong self-starter who enjoys both autonomy & collaborating, requiring minimal direction
- You have excellent written, verbal, presentation, & interpersonal communications skills
- Youre an approachable relationship builder & trusted advisor who enjoys partnering with internal & external stakeholders
- You are results driven & can seamlessly translate data into useful insights for decision making & measuring impact
- You show strong attention to detail & have exceptional project management & organizational skills
- You maintain positivity, professionalism & poise in challenging situations & have a great sense of humor
- Youre hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Youre passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & when were in the office, a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide training, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more (when we're in the office) Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, & organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened twelve stores across three countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
Weve been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open several new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!