What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Leverage your quantitative expertise to understand how Slice can apply supply & demand levers to unlock marketplace opportunities; techniques will include experiment design, predictive modeling, observational analysis, pattern recognition & any others as needed
- Partner with Product & Marketing teams to set clear goals, measure progress against them & influence their respective roadmaps
- Ensure consistent tracking, analysis, & reporting of core product & marketing programs & channel KPIs in weekly dashboards
- Build & maintain executive dashboards in Looker
- Improve the accessibility & organization of data
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to understand all data flows, build new flows as needed & create appropriate data dictionaries for business users
- Simplify complex raw data into user friendly explores, looks, & dashboards for audiences across the organization
- Perform complex ad-hoc data & analysis requests
What we're looking for:
- BSc in a quantitative discipline (MSc preferred)
- 4+ years of specialized experience in Data Science or Advanced Analytics solving complex analytical problems in a technology environment
- Proficiency in Python & SQL
- Fluency in at least one statistical software (R preferred), Excel & at least one visualization tool (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong data modeling & transformation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.