Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power by providing optimistic & diverse creativity, storytelling, & points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling.Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
Business Development & Partnerships Intern is responsible for supporting opportunities that accelerate revenue / enterprise value for Refinery29. We focus on deals that drive revenue, profitability, capital efficiency, & the R29 brand in alignment with our strategic goals.
What makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Conduct market analysis for new business opportunities
- Help to qualify potential BD opportunities & partnerships by conducting due diligence, including but not limited to competitive analysis
- Produce P&L for new BD/deal opportunities, & help craft approval memos
- Creating presentations for internal & external stakeholders, to build storylines supporting company initiatives & revenue goals
- Manage a system for tracking deals & communicating updates to broader team(s)
- Produce reporting on deal performance, including recommendations for optimization
- Support team in outbound communications by working with cross department stakeholders to create necessary marketing materials, & project manage time sensitive deliverables
- Attend relevant meetings, take notes & strategically summarize discussion
- Manage day to day requests from team as needed
What you have:
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized & deadline-oriented
- Ability to synthesize information & present succinctly
- Proficient in keynote & excel
- Possess an intimate knowledge of the digital media landscape, as well as the essence, brand, & culture of Refinery29