GitHub helps companies, organizations, & groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Business Analyst to support analytical rigor, process improvement & sales tool deployments within a quickly growing sales organization. In addition to technical skills, a candidate for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail & project management skills. This is a true Business Analyst role (not a data analyst) who will primarily focus on projects that will help us scale our sales team & operations teams ranging from process improvements to new tool rollouts.
As we continue to grow & scale, this role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization. As a key subject matter expert on our sales process, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Deal Desk, & Product will depend on your insight. GitHub is an exciting place to work & you'll be an important contributor & join a tight-knit environment of technical & business-minded individuals.
- Develop & define processes across our sales cycle (end to end), including process flows & visualizations
- Conduct analysis to identify areas for process optimization & work with Sales Enablement to implement.
- Collaborate with key cross departmental stakeholders to gather business requirements & identify potential impacts to the Sales organization as well as other key upstream & downstream impacts.
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to effectively drive projects to success: sales entry / exit criteria, process risk mitigation, documentation & enablement, timelines, etc.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, & leadership to fellow team members.
- 3 years of hands-on experience working in Business Analyst role with a competency in Salesforce.com, Excel, Lucidchart or Visio, & detailed process documentation.
- Able to work effectively within a distributed enterprise enviroment (our team as well as the stakeholders we support are upwords of 70% remote)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (we write, a LOT)
- Proven experience handling conflicting priorities & personalties
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, process-improvement, strong organizational & analytic skills.
- Ability to independently manage deliverables & expectations across multiple key stakeholders.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a Business Analyst role supporting speed of sales environments
- Project management training and/or experience preferred.
- Demonstrate a mastery of analyzing complex business problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity & capabilities, we always get the job done, but how can we do it better?
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, & to create the worlds most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals & in teamsto create the future of software & make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, & create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused & creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds & lifestyles. We embrace diversity & invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.