As the Manager of Quality Improvement, you'll oversee Clover's ability to create the tools, processes, & partnerships that allow us to be differentially efficient in our transactional communication & differently valuable in our thoughtful communication. You will have five direct reports, composed of project managers & data analysts with an eye toward lean growth & outsized impact. You will also have a peer, the Communications Services Manager, who manages the channels by which we communicate & the associated vendors. You'll report to the Director of Communications Services & ultimately to the Chief Behavioral Officer, as part of Clover's strategy to use communications as a key component of changing behavior.
This is a position for a leader who understands how to balance efficiency & quality, & knows when to solve a problem & when to escalate it. Traditional experience managing process improvement will be beneficial, but not enough; in an increasingly digital world, you'll oversee a growing organization in a period when older adults are shifting from calls & letters to texts & emails. As such, you will help define the vision & operationalize the tactics that create a sustainable environment for Clover's growth.
Your key metrics will be around increasing transactional efficiency & maximizing thoughtful value. While your partners will be responsible for the execution of the contact, it is you who will determine the method by which they ultimately find success. You need to be agile within boundaries, keeping us compliant & legal, while spearheading cross-departmental product, partnership, & process that unlocks value for both Clover & our members.
As the Manager of Quality Improvement, you will:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, & oversight to the Quality Improvement team.
- Partner closely with the Product team to scope & spec improvements to our self-service for members & providers, as well as improve the systems we use internally.
- Drive alignment with leaders across the org for appropriate escalation & resolution of different cases.
- Balance process improvements for both impact & ease of execution.
- Provide support in developing a training approach to support desired skills acquisition.
- Working with Clover's Compliance Team, ensure regulatory compliance in our communications.
You will love this job if:
- You are outcome-focused & prefer clearly expressed goals with high accountability, in both your work & your management style.
- You are humble & understand that as a manager of people, you are here to serve & support to ensure that every person interacting with Clovers customers is setup for absolute success.
- You are tech & data forward: youre used to thinking about how technology can enable better experiences & how you can use data to make better decisions.
- You can distill the needs of your customers & team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures.
You should get in touch if:
- You have demonstrated experience using partnership, product, & process to drive efficiency & value. (Required)
- You have 5+ years of experience managing at least a small team. (Required)
- You have experience working in Medical/Insurance process improvement. (Required)
- You have a demonstrable history of data-informed decision making. (Required)
- You have experience working in Medicare Advantage. (Required)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.