The Microservices Platform produces shared libraries & tools built on the best available technologies to increase the throughput of 400+ engineers & accelerate product release cycles.
Our internal products include a Spring Boot microservices framework that simplifies their interactions with our Kubernetes infrastructure & makes it easy to follow best practices. As the organization grows, the engineering needs have diversified. We are in the middle of reimagining how our tooling can best serve engineers three years from now! This includes integration with cloud native technologies & replacing our internal RPC system. If you are a server-side engineer who enjoys taking ownership of projects & carrying them from concept to adoption, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Microservices Platform manager in our New York City headquarters.
- Improve the ability of other engineers to deliver value through enhancements to our core Java framework & libraries
- Work with other teams to provide engineer-focused experiences including development of the Microservice Platform backlog
- Improve the efficiency, scalability, reliability & performance of our software platforms at the core of Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering through beautiful, readable code, code reviews & automated testing
- Own investigation of new technologies & provide recommendations on adoption
- Strong object-oriented programming experience in Java
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale software & distributed systems
- BS, MS, or degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Gradle, or Kubernetes is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.