Strategy at VaynerMedia provides a crucial perspective on the business dynamics. We are a human centric, culture obsessed discipline where we dive deep into audience insights, media trends, cultural shifts, & tech innovations that inform our strategic recommendations. Our team is collectively redefining & modernizing the way our clients harness consumer & cultural intelligence, develop brand strategy & plan for attention.
We are actively looking for a Strategist with 1-2 years of experience in building brands within the advertising/content industry for Japan market who speaks & writes fluent Japanese & English that can be either based in Tokyo or Singapore.
EXPERTISE - The skills & knowledge needed to excel in our roles.
- Design research recommendations through the use of insights resources & proprietary tools - must have at least 2 core skills using a variety of tools such as eCRM, social listening, content gap analysis, SEO/SEM, etc
- Have designed & deployed social listening projects, & analyze data for actionable insights & intelligence - must be proficient or intermediate in understanding data analytics, this includes cleaning of data, & visualisation.
- Well versed with the ability to leverage VaynerMedia tools, research & platforms to: perform content audits, collaborate with the media team to provide holistic success measurement frameworks.
- Brings the consumers world to life for creative teams & clients using qualitative & cultural mining & insightful synthesis of quantitative research to inform a strategic approach.
- Develop distinct & differentiated audience segmentations that are connected to strategic decisions & creative ways-in.
- Articulate effective strategic rationale & logic flow that will help form a compelling story.
- Deck crafter - someone that can detail out ideas & insights that is clear & that sells !
- Having had extensive regional exposure and training across the main social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok + Any 2 Chinese Social Media Platforms would be advantageous.
- Have been exposed to both digital agency life & content creation to fully grasp the technical aspects of creating content as well as understanding the digital consumer journey & how to engage through a digital architecture map for end to end campaigns.
EXECUTION - Our ability to prioritise & deliver effectively with autonomy.
- Delivers work independently on all tasks & achieves results at pace with energy & drive.
- Actively participate in collaboration sessions with other teams.
- Executes strong sense of priority level & urgency; & knows how to act on the critical difference between the two.
- Operates the ongoing performance of different tasks or projects, as well as understanding & ownership of internal processes for quality assurance .
- Administers agreed goals or projects by dealing to challenges in a responsive & constructive way.
- Strives for zero mistakes or flagged internal process issues on work output.
LEADERSHIP - Our ability to maintain self-awareness & self-motivation while creating an impact thru sharing, learning, innovation & VaynerX culture sustainability.
- Demonstrates behaviours such as teamwork, knowledge sharing, & building relationships across disciplines.
- Assumes responsibility for decisions & outcomes pertaining to work output by self & team.
- Supports managers to identify opportunities & challenges & recommend options for solutions
- Having passion outside of the workplace which includes being an active influencer that leads in views & opinions through social media, streaming on gaming platforms, or any other internet activity that shows the aptitude for content creation, would be advantageous.
COMMUNICATION - Our ability to effectively interact, manage & inspire those around us.
- Fosters positive internal communication & collaboration with all internal teams.
- Ensures presented ideas are clear & understood.
- Highlights new ideas to the team & external stakeholders when appropriate.
- Provides clear, professional, timely & helpful information to the team or external clients & partners.