BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why joining us?
One of BlaBlaCar's core ambitions is to build the largest people-powered travel network in the world. To achieve that goal, we set ourselves high & ambitious targets, bringing tech & data to the heart of a renewed product experience & company strategy. By joining our Engineering team, you will be managing our Marketplace team composed of Data Scientists & Software Engineers.
The Marketplace Manager's mission is to improve matching in our marketplace. The challenge can be broken down into 3 main goals:
- Managing the team & setting it up for success
- Delivering matching as a service in production
- Creating opportunities to optimize our marketplace
- Hiring & on-boarding newcomers in the team
- Developing expertise within the team around data science & machine learning engineering
- Taking responsibility for implementing best practices & ensure the team has best in class processes. This is critical to maximize the team productivity & mitigate operational risks
- Structuring the team to scale its operations further inthe coming years, this includes managing the transition to more ownership of production workloads
- Implementing SLAs/SLOs & indicators for matching ML services in production.
- Delivering the team roadmap, both from strategic & operational perspective
- Communicating sideways & upwards about roadmap progress, organizational changes & dependencies
- Creating close ties with stakeholders in Product & Engineering Organizations
- Aligning our ML models on our Product Marketing Strategy
- Fostering exploration. Setting the right objectives to trigger innovation from the team. This enables a substantial part of the team bandwidth to be allocated to delivering 10 timesimprovements in matching
- Contributing to data chapterprojects, building common tools across teams
- Defining our strategy for collaborating with third parties on matching
What you will need to be successful:
- 5-8 years experience in engineering teams within hyper-growth tech companies;
- At least 2 years of management experience in a software development team context;
- A deep interest in people & high impact leadership;
- Support & inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals;
- Great ability to communicate with internal & external stakeholders;
- Strong track record in technical contribution;
- Experience in building performant web applications;
- Knowledge in working with agile methods;
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty & a high velocity environment;
- A first experience in organizational change & transformation is a strong plus;
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, pragmatic & collaborative attitude;
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.
A few practical details about the role
Start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: Paris HQ
Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too;
A strong Fun & Serious company culture;
An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw);
State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location;
A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork;
Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment;
Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other;
Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands;
And some other great perks!
Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member;
Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap);
The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment;
Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France & Europe.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a short interview with the recruiter in charge.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.