At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated & organized Community Associate to join our New York City team Full-Time. In this role, you will be the face of Lyft, meeting with applicants & current drivers at our local facility & preparing them for the exciting road ahead. You will be responsible for supporting onboarding activities, customer support, providing a world-class experience, & have the opportunity to drive our local operations activities in wide variety facets including, analyzing local market data, creating driver communications, & much more. If you enjoy working with people, are a self-starter, & if the thought of helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement in New York City (and across the U.S.) sounds exciting, we would love to meet you!
- Guide drivers through the onboarding process in person, at an event, phone, & email
- Support applicants & drivers with your knowledge of both New York City & the Lyft platform
- Perform pre- & post- applicant outreach to get drivers approved & on the road
- Work with current drivers to solve any issues that they may have
- Uphold the Lyft standard of service while working with all drivers
- Flexible schedule: this is a full-time role that may require some nights & weekends
- Retail or customer service experience
- Familiarity with the five borough area
- High energy with an outgoing, social personalityyou love talking to people!
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Excellent, clear verbal & written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Impeccable customer service & problem-solving skills
- You are all about THE TEAM, since we all know there is no I in TEAM
- Typically involves standing for most of the workday (although Lyft will make accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Bonus points if you love ride-sharing so much that you're not just a passenger but a driver too!
- Bilingual proficiency a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.