Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for an Atlassian Administrator to join the Engineering team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will work closely with the Engineering Operations Manager to manage & develop our Atlassian suite. As Cockroach Labs first Atlassian Administrator, you will be a key partner for teams across the organization to provide best practice & implement solutions for the Atlassian suite, specifically Jira, Confluence, & Jira Service Management.
- Manage the overall development of our Atlassian suite, specifically Jira, Confluence, & Jira Service Management. Responsibilities will include creating custom Jira projects as well as managing workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, & screen schemes.
- Collaborate with the Engineering & Product teams on ways to align Jira with how we manage work.
- Evaluate & implement add-ons for our Atlassian suite, specifically Jira & Confluence.
- Drive enablement efforts for our Atlassian suite. This includes providing training for all Atlassian users & creating documentation to support these efforts.
- Provide support for our users & across our Atlassian suite.
In your first 30 days, you will have a thorough understanding of our Atlassian suite & areas of improvement. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. Youll have an understanding of our product development process & drive changes for how we manage work. You will provide recommended solutions for areas of improvement to our Atlassian suite.
After 6 months, youll be implementing solutions to improve our Atlassian suite. You will be a key partner working across the organization to support our teams. You will develop dashboards & status reports with critical operational data for users & leadership.
- 4+ years of experience as an Administrator of Atlassian Cloud Solutions (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Management).
- The ability to write custom JQL & knowledge of ScriptRunner & Automation for Jira.
- An understanding of Agile principles & project management methodologies.
Reporting to Elinor Garcia-Garcia - Manager of Engineering Operations
Elinor is our Engineering Operations Manager & joined Cockroach Labs in the fall of 2019. She is responsible for driving operational excellence across the Engineering department. Outside of work you can find her cooking, walking her dog, & playing tennis.
Isaac Wong - VP of Engineering
Isaac is responsible for the health of the engineering organization at Cockroach Labs. He partners closely with teams to ensure we have a balanced culture that promotes quality & innovation in pursuit of our goals. Before joining Cockroach Labs Isaac was in life sciences for 16 years with Medidata Solutions where he had a front row seat on the exciting ride from a 30 person startup to more than 2000 people worldwide. But the lure of distributed, resilient, & consistent SQL databases, along with the amazing technology & culture at Cockroach Labs proved too much. When not working he likes to draw, play the piano & search NYC for cannolis with his wife & kids.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support (or coworking & home office allowances if youre fully remote!)
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.