A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data & technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, & more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Software Engineers at Palantir build software at scale to transform how organizations around the world use data. As a Software Engineer you'll have an opportunity to grow more quickly than you ever envisioned, as you contribute high-quality code directly to Palantir Gotham, Palantir Apollo, or Palantir Foundry: products that are deployed at some of the most important institutions across the public & private sectors. You'll create features used by research scientists, aerospace engineers, intelligence analysts, & economic forecasters, in countries around the world. Palantir's Product Development organization is made up of small teams of Software Engineers, each focusing on a specific aspect of a product. For example, you might join a team that builds a Foundry front-end application, or a component of the Gotham release infrastructure. We encourage communication & collaboration among teams to share context, skills, & experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
As a Software Engineer, you are involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, & prototyping to execution & shipping while also being paired with a mentor dedicated to your growth & success. You'll collaborate closely with technical & non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems & build products that tackle them. One of the most effective ways to understand what our users need is to meet them. You may receive an opportunity to tour the assembly line at an auto-manufacturer or join a counter-terror analyst at their desk to really understand their mission & difficulties.
SWE principles include:
• Ownership: We see projects through from beginning to end in spite of obstacles we may encounter.
• Collaboration: We work internally with people from a variety of backgrounds - such as other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers & Product Reliability Engineers. We also partner with our business development teams (Forward Deployed Engineers, Deployment Strategists) in order to understand & solve our customers' problems.
• Trust: We trust each other to effectively handle time & priorities, & don't micromanage. We want people to have the space to think for themselves, while feeling supported by their team.
Technologies We Use
It doesn't matter what languages you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code & learn new languages quickly. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Alongside peers that bring diverse experience - whether you're a former university TA, switched to CS recently, or are a hackathon enthusiast - you'll build your skills to apply the best technology to solve a given problem. Right now, we use:
• A variety of languages, including Java & Go for backend & Typescript for frontend
• Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, Elasticsearch, React, & Redux
• Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, & Github