Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
Were looking for inspired & motivated technical contributors to join the DigitalOcean team as Security Operations Analyst II. In this role, you will be a key member of DigitalOceans security team, reporting to the Manager of Legal Operations inside a virtual SOC. You will improve the security posture of DigitalOcean both reactively & proactively, as well as handling incidents & making the internet a safer place. Security Operations Analysts must excel at identifying risks, building tactical & strategic mitigation plans, & eliminating bad actors inside the DigitalOcean platform.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Developing & owning processes that enforce DigitalOcean's Acceptable Use Policy, which includes incoming reports of copyright, trademark, privacy, data protection, child safety, & various government & regulatory compliance issues.
- Vetting legal claims, content disputes, & takedown requests by responding to reporters & helping good customers get back on the platform.
- Handling customer investigations & triaging corporate alerts, in a customer-facing & transparent manner, to minimize the impact of bad actors on the internet.
- Working with domestic & foreign governments to ensure court orders, subpoenas, & customer data requests are legally sufficient, have proper jurisdiction, & safeguard customer privacy.
- Locating trends in content abuse, communicating with leadership to apprise the extent of issues, & advocating for appropriate product changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Designing & executing department-wide projects that improve the efficiency & quality of work, while reducing legal risk for the company.
- Collaborating with our Legal team to establish guidelines & playbooks our operational, product, sales, & engineering teams can work off of.
- Acting as point of contact for incident management & customer escalations, as well as providing data support for critical issues.
- Building strong relationships with the other technical teams across our engineering & infrastructure functions.
- Establishing an understanding of DigitalOceans entire production environment, from applications to infrastructure, keeping up-to-date with material changes & future directions.
- Coaching & mentoring other skilled security practitioners across application, information, & infrastructure security.
What Well Expect From You:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Law Enforcement Response, Emergency Response, Compliance, Privacy, or Risk Management.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, & problem-solving skills.
- Subject matter expertise in Law Enforcement Response or intellectual property law, with working knowledge of process, policies, courts, & customer impact.
- Strong analytical skills to determine legal sufficiency, validate claims, spot malicious customer patterns, identify patent trolls, & help customers remove any offending content in an expeditious manner.
- A forward looking perspective on problem solving, tackling each setback with a degree of creativity that uses previous internal/external approaches as a data point, not a rulebook.
- The Intellectual Curiosity & Self-Motivation to perform complex tasks, remain optimistic & passionate about overcoming security obstacles at scale in both reactive & proactive situations.
- A high degree of curiosity & aptitude, with a clear passion for security & the desire to keep our employees, customers, & the internet safe.
- Clear written & verbal communication skills to include; technical writing, presenting, coaching, mentoring.
- Ability to provide & receive clear, direct, & honest feedback for continuous improvement.
- JD, Law Degree, or equivalent
- Ability to code, script, or automate classes of problems rather than handling them manually (Python, Bash, Go, SQL)
- Data analysis skills, including familiarity with relational databases, structured query languages, logging infrastructures, & data visualization tools (eg, looker, grafana)
- Experience performing troubleshooting, investigations, alert triage, or incident response in a hands-on technical capacity
- Understanding of software, systems, & networking; familiarity with distributed computing, virtualization, databases, operating systems, & cloud computing
- Understanding of TCP/IP concepts, network application protocols, database structures, strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!