Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who is passionate & invested in each phase of the product development lifecycle - from research & opportunity sizing through to ideation & implementation. The ideal candidate is someone who has had prior experience in understanding & internalizing broader business strategy to create a very intentional product strategy. You should demonstrate the ability to influence, be able to flex between strategic thinking & execution & be passionate about building great customer experiences. We would love for you to bring your experience to the table to make us better & be interested in learning from our talented team as well.
*Please note we are open to this role being in our Atlanta, Oakland or Brooklyn offices
What you'll do here:
- Lead/and or participate in ideation & discovery, leveraging qualitative & quantitative data & customer & industry research to identify product opportunities
- Define measurable success metrics, develop opportunity sizing & potential ROI; be able to show inputs & assumptions in data analysis & financial modeling
- Socialize product strategy from C-suite down to build organizational buy-in; be an expert in how the product portfolio will drive key topline metrics
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing & Design peers to create a portfolio of short, mid & long-term wins that drive iterative value
- Work with & influence product teams & drive joint planning, roadmapping & execution focusing on speed to market
- Closely partner with the experimentation team to improve, refine & test hypotheses that move the needle
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience in Product Management
- You have experience building consumer-facing, preferably SAAS products that shipped to hundreds of thousands (or better yet) millions of customers
- You have a Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience in Marketing, Product, Design or Technology
- You have participated in all stages of software development, experience with Agile, Lean software methodologies
- You're an excellent communicator (written & verbal); you have the ability to effectively converse with & tailor communication to varying audiences
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a bias towards action; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- You are a team player team player; you seek & use diverse perspectives & ideas; listens & responds constructively to other's ideas
- You exhibit a positive attitude, listen hard & change fast; you are excited to work in a high-growth, fast paced environment
- You have a strong understanding of how to leverage data to understand product & business performance that result in grounded product decisions
- You have the ability to take a proactive approach to product management, with strong follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.