As the Senior Manager of SEO at 1stDibs, you will be a senior member of the team responsible for one of our top strategic priorities - driving growth from organic search. We are looking for someone motivated & skilled enough to get 1stDibs to the top of the SERP when users search for high volume & long tail topics related to our rare & interesting items - think vintage gold watches, picasso vases, art deco rugs" & victorian engagement rings.
SEO has been a huge factor in 1stDibs growth to date, & continues to be a top priority with a dedicated ten-person marketing, product & engineering team plus an editorial & social team eager to align their strategies with SEO. Reporting into our VP of Customer Marketing, you will drive content, link-building & page level optimizations. You will be supported by an associate & partner closely with our SEO editor & in-house editorial team. Youll also have the opportunity to collaborate with our highly-respected SEO consultants, AJ Kohn (www.blindfiveyearold.com), Mike King (iPullrank.com) & Siege Media (siegemedia.com). You will partner with, educate, & learn from teams throughout the company & have accountability & ownership for the traffic & revenue gains you are able to produce
What youll do
- Evolve & implement an effective SEO growth strategy, working closely with Product, Engineering, Social, PR, & Editorial.
- Develop a repeatable process that allows our (to be hired) SEO associate to optimize tagging of thousands of priority pages per month
- Work with Siege Media & our PR team to evolve & execute a scalable link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Leverage a dedicated content budget to make additions that drive measurable growth
- Partner with our Senior Product Manager to create a test-and-learn culture within our SEO team through A-B testing & close measurement of site releases
- Partner with our Analytics team to build out our system of reporting on & analyzing 1stDibs organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, & backlinks to monitor performance & identify areas of opportunity
- Closely track industry-wide changes, search news & competition in order to educate the organization & provide up-to-date recommendations
- Enhance our internal account management & seller education to improve how our thousands of sellers around the globe market their products through our platform.
- Work with our Taxonomy Manager to define a search-friendly category & classification structure
What youll bring
- Experience setting & exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- A minimum of 5+ years data-driven digital marketing experience, with 3 years focusing on SEO including content marketing
- A track-record of managing & mentoring team members to achieve wins & career growth
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO, search tools & a creative mind to leverage them in new ways
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan & execute projects cross-functionally & flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, with the ability to tailor your language & style based on the very different groups youll be working with (CEO, engineers, junior marketers, account managers, sellers, etc)
- Advanced Excel skills & comfort manipulating large volumes of data. SQL skills a plus
- Thoughtful & detail-oriented approach, with an ability to multitask
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.