Company Description|Job Description
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster & create progress for the world.
We are looking for an experienced Sales VP to lead a fast-paced, highly-visible sales organization that generates revenues & exceeds organization, team & individual quotas. This leader will be responsible for creating & executing the Pluralsight Commercial sales strategy in alignment with Pluralsight's vision & values for a region in the United States. This leader will be required to recruit, hire, train & onboard top technology sales talent at scale while delivering a $20MM to $40MM annual revenue target. The sales strategy will require close alignment with our Product, Marketing, Account Development, Sales Operations, Finance & Legal teams.
This leader will need to demonstrate a proven track record of success in software sales using a value-driven sales approach. Ideal candidates will possess strong sales leadership experience, having sold software solutions to commercial & enterprise companies at the Director, VP & C level. Candidates must be sales practitioners & have significant & relevant experience in the following areas: prospecting, territory alignment, account mapping, account penetration, sales motion creation, close plans, negotiation, forecasting & ultimate delivery of the sales revenue target. This position will report to the Sr. VP of Commercial Sales.
Who you're committed to being:
- You are passionate about business impact; you are a business problem-solver.
- An amazing communicator & effective influencer. People trust & follow you.
- You use data, empathy & good judgement to approach business & people problems.
- You are an inquisitive, critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better
- Persistent Problem-Solver- You know where we want to be & as the business changes, you find ways to create solutions along the way that get us closer to our ultimate goal
- Eye-on-the-prize kinda person- You love to win, just like the other Sales & Success teams you collaborate with.
- A natural project manager- You keep all the moving pieces organized & moving on time
What you'll own:
- You will be responsible for setting & executing Pluralsight's sales strategy for a given region & will assume responsibility for multiple sales teams to help drive complex deal transactions
- Revenue accountability will exceed $20MM annually
- Manage & take accountability for negotiated non-standard contractual terms & conditions
- Manage the performance of 3 to 5 Commercial Account Executive teams including: recruiting, hiring, training, & professional development of individual team members & leaders
- Support the targeting, planning, positioning, & execution of commercial opportunity development efforts as necessary to maximize the probability of success
- Lead the overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Set & execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate annual growth in revenue & bookings for the region
- Work directly with the Senior Leadership team to shape strategies for driving sustainable business growth
- Maintain key customer relationships, develop & implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base
- Provide detailed & accurate sales forecasting to Senior Leadership
- Plan & manage at both the strategic & operational levels
- Collaborate with senior leaders & other relevant stakeholders to create, implement & manage policies & procedures to effectively support the business
- Create & execute effective presentations, including corporate & solution capabilities, prospective client proposals, bid defense & business case/justification
- Support business development efforts by attending industry conferences & events
- Supporting direct reports by participating & leading in client & prospect meetings & engaging other corporate resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring & development of sales team which includes recruiting, on-boarding & training new Account Executives
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings & one-on-one reviews with direct reports
- Reporting on all aspects of the business to senior sales management
- Monitoring & tracking the sales activity at organization, team & individual levels
- Plan & execute marketing events in territory
- Strong communications, organizational & strategic thinking skills
- Run effective meetings & help create a culture of accountability
- Build effective communications via presentation, email, videoconference, face-to-face & other media
- Travel up to 50%
- Enthusiastic & creative team member with a proven history of generating commercial growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation & formal agreements
- Being able to expertly multi-task numerous sales tasks simultaneously, while ensuring revenue targets are met
- Strong communication, presentation, problem solving & analytical skills
- Solid understanding of relevant technology & platforms including web-based software applications & SaaS environments
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience in software sales & a minimum of 5 as a software sales leader or equivalent experience
- Have a demonstrable, successful track record of meeting & exceeding quota & revenue targets as an individual contributor & sales leader.
- Strong negotiation skills & proven experience of successfully selling to & closing $1,000,000+ contracts at the C-level; familiarity with SaaS solutions for technical education is preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills; in addition, must have the ability to synthesize complex business challenges & create clear solutions & messages for audiences at various levels of sophistication
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate & react to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal & referenceable customers
- Proven track record of recruiting, training/developing & retaining high-performing sales talent
- Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, & tactically to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility & work autonomously
- Successful track record of planning, executing & closing business from field events
- Strong operational & analytical abilities
- We're committed to a values-driven culture here at Pluralsight & our mission inspires everything we do
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.