Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Simon Data is seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our team.
If you are a creative-minded individual, enjoy open-ended problems, are not afraid to try new technologies & jump in to solve the problem at hand, find elegance in architecting a well-structured system, keep reading to learn more!
As a staff software engineer at Simon, youll join a group of engineers building our flagship product that activates data using an array of external channels. Our clients rely on our product to engage with hundreds of millions of customers every day -- sending over billions of messages annually. Successful engineers value ownership & creativity, have deep knowledge in delivering resilient & scalable designs, & thrive in tackling the challenges of distributed systems.
What Youll Do
- Becomes a technical thought leader in the MarTech space helping both your team grow & innovate while also creating the path others will follow
- Contribute to building & owning our distributed campaign execution system, which enables data & campaign orchestration across multiple marketing channels in a single tool, supporting thousands of active campaigns with billions of contacts reached every month
- Steer & contribute to the development of different parts of our journey & campaign offering, with a focus on scalability, operability & maintainability. This covers areas like content rendering, branching logic, task scheduling, & high throughput integrations with third party systems, which come together to power highly targeted & personalized experiences at scale
- Collaborate with the senior engineering team to design & implement the sharding strategy for our application data
- Work alongside a team of passionate engineers & product managers every day to build a platform that allows brands to grow their business & empowers marketing teams to act on their customer data
- Continuously look for ways to improve last-mile performance
- Coordinate & evolve software development efforts across Engineering
- Contribute to the refinement of our software development life cycle
- Participate in our mentorship program, whether thats helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- Participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer productivity to security to the best IDE (or Text Editor!)
- Work with the team to promote our technical brand through chipping in with Open Source Software & promoting & sharing it at conferences locally & nationwide
- 10+ years of software development experience designing, deploying & owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Experience with modern distributed system design & implementation with an eye towards scale & throughput
- Strong object-oriented design & programming skills
- Proven record of working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, design, or client success)
- Proficiency with Python
- Knowledge & experience with at least one mainstream database technology
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, & client support stipends
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, Simon will consider accommodations for disability- & religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.