BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled Office Production Manager to bring their expertise to our team. We are seeking a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with various departments on multiple projects simultaneously. This position will primarily focus on the administrative aspects of production management, helping to maintain the suite of spreadsheets, databases, & documents that we use to track & organize the dozens of projects that are in production.
- Daily check-ins with Producer(s) & manager as needed
- Track production budget notes between Basecamp & Airtable
- Process, track, & report production expenses
- Update tracking databases with notes, treatments, & personnel throughout pre-sale & prep
- Assist producers & production managers with paperwork preparation & processing
- Set up project kickoff meetings
- Attend pre-sale brief calls with sellers, account managers, creatives, & manage notes
- Troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges & appropriately escalate as needed
- Work with Production team to reduce bottlenecks & increase efficiency
- Secure COIs for various projects
- Update & maintain production budgets for assigned teams & projects as needed
- Review wrap folders for all required documents after submission by producers as needed
- This role will support both the Co Branded & Media Brands production teams
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth & joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen & interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- Must have 3 years of production experience
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently & with a team
- This position is approximately 40 hours a week
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities & across various teams across Buzzfeed
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a team environment
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Sheets
- Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Smartstart, Airtable, Basecamp, Slack or comparable budgeting, scheduling & tracking software is preferred but not required
FYI job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.