As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants & data analysts work with Visa's clients & staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability & cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa's world-class products, digital offerings & marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients' programs operate at their peak potential & that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical & digital world.
As part of the Global Business Optimizationorganization, the Senior Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense & a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers & merchants.
This role is an Individual Contributor role in whichderives analytic insights on client performance & helps to deliver findings from those analyses to external & internal stakeholders. Prior to completing an analysis, this role will formulate & source the necessary datasets from internal tools & platforms, rendering insights in compelling presentations & visualizations.
Specific activities may include:
- Create & present analytic deliverables to external Visa clients, colleagues in the analytics team, & other internal stakeholders with varying degrees of analytical & technical expertise
- Get to an understanding of root problems, define analytical objectives & formalize data requirements for various types of analyses.
- Combine & analyze disparate data sources & derive insights in a Big Data environment
- Proactively facilitate the overall analytic delivery strategy for the organization
- Compare client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunity
- Develop presentations of complex data & content for clients in an accurate, understandable, & engaging manner
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Proven experience in client facing roles.
- High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and/or SQL skills required
- Strong verbal, written, & interpersonal skills are required
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- MUST speak fluent English & Spanish
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience visualizing data with tools like Tableau is a plus; advanced Tableau skills are highly desirable
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
- Fluent in English, Spanish AND Portuguese
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel:Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.