Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & growing their business. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
About the role:
As a Staff Recruiter, you will be managing relationships with all department leads in the US offices; working alongside them to perfect processes & attract top tier talent. You bring the ability to understand how to match talent to the most relevant opportunities, assess candidates skills, weaknesses, & potential for growth. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a dynamic & developing environment, work closely with multiple high-level stakeholders, & manage a high volume of open roles at once.
- Sourcing & Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit & hire talent through the use of LinkedIn, Networking, sourcing referrals, boolean searches, etc.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, interview panel coordination, scheduling through to offer & close.
- Candidate Management: Strive for exemplary service to all candidates, providing for the highest level candidate experience. Advise & guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database. Maintain meticulous data within Greenhouse. Properly manage prospects & guide hiring managers through proper systems use & internal system communication
- Network & Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop & tap into current Andelans social & professional networks. Develop & coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Andela brand both online & in-person.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Continuously work with Hiring Managers & Heads of Sales to align on core competencies of all open sales roles & how to measure them accurately & effectively.
- Coach & develop: Ensure that all members of your team are up to speed on the latest developments within the sales hiring organization so that all are well equipped to meet hiring expectations
- Agility: Ability to take on other types of roles outside of sales as needed
- 3+ years of experience in full cycle recruitment experience across multiple role types
- Experience recruiting for a start-up using Greenhouse preferred
- Experience actively sourcing & engaging talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Vettery, social media, & others)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven senior level relationship management skills as well as the ability to manage up & influence those you support
- Ability to manage multiple projects & relationships at once in a complex & developing organization
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community & we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect & dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities & prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities & workplace to all employees & applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state & local laws. This commitment applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.