Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team builds applications that empower Mailchimp customers to understand & exploit their data. The team also builds tools & infrastructure that empower Mailchimps own data scientists. By using predictive analytics & big data technologies, we help Mailchimp fight spam & empower small businesses with information. As part of Mailchimps Engineering team, we work closely with Mailchimps data scientists to make data insights actionable.
Mailchimp is looking for an engineer to join our team. You will collaborate with data scientists to develop & deploy predictive models. You will also work with application engineers to use those models predictions within the Mailchimp platform.
If you are a self-directed, experienced engineer who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers, wed love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, & application engineers to create, deliver, & maintain end-to-end features based on machine learning
- Design, develop & deploy high quality data/ML pipelines & services using Python, Google BigQuery, Docker, Kubernetes, & other Google Cloud services
- Keep abreast of developments in the field: frameworks, libraries, best practices
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have worked closely with data scientists & other engineers to deliver features backed by data science & machine learning
- You have development experience in Python or another modern, high-level object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP)
- You have experience with SQL databases or data processing frameworks. We write a lot of SQL ourselves (ORMs arent that relevant for data science).
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of others
- You embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Experience that is nice to have:
- Working on ML projects or applications
- Google BigQuery or similar tools like Amazon Redshift or Snowflake
- Distributed programming frameworks, e.g. Apache Spark
- Google Cloud Dataflow or similar frameworks like Amazon Kinesis, MapReduce, Apache Storm, Apache Samza, Apache, Flink, Kafka Streams...
- Understanding of statistical analysis & machine learning techniques
- Python packaging & distribution
- Continuous integration & delivery, e.g. Jenkins
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Keras, TensorFlow, and/or other machine learning/deep learning systems
- Apache Spark
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.