Sales Leader, Tanzu Greater China
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure & business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant & more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering & more safely consuming any application. With 2019 revenues of nearly $9.0 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, & 24,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, & community.
At its best, VMware is a place, where we are valued for the complete people we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, & our communities & where even more progress is desired & expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are individual, colleague, pioneer, citizen a place where empowerment, accountability, & responsibility become the traits of ownership, & where each of us can own our future & achieve success through our own actions, on our terms.
The overwhelming emphasis of the Greater China Sales Leader for VMW Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) is inspirational sales leadership & operational management for continued growth across all products under the Tanzu umbrella.The Sales Leader will lead & scale VMwares Tanzu sales operations across Greater China, ensuring that sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting & channel operations co-operate in facilitating effective coverage & identifying business opportunities, while effectively teaming & collaborating with the wider VMW businesses in Greater China to maximize the coverage & opportunities for VMW in Greater China. This role consequently represents a unique opportunity to play a major part in the success of VMware Greater China & Asia Pacific as a whole. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional person who will thrive in building, leading, managing & influencing a high performance direct & indirect sales teams.
The Sales Leader will report directly to the Tanzu Sales Leader for Asia Pacific & Japan, with matrixed reporting into the leader for VMW Greater China. And expected to be a collaborative team player & a trusted advisor to the VMW Greater China Leadership Team in pursuit of the high growth modern applications platform market.
- Proven track record of owning P/L, building & growing subscription license revenues with specialist sales teams operating in a matrixed management MNC.
- Experience building & leading direct & indirect sales teams across Greater China
- C Level Exposure & contact base with customers & partners in China
- Experience of driving & shaping large commercial & contractual negotiations with a complex set of customers with international reach.
- Customer & Partner focused with a flexible, adaptable & versatile approach. Able to build relationships at all levels of an organization with specific focus at C level.
- Builds strong internal relationships with peers & subordinates within VMW Greater China & Tanzu APJ teams, while strongly focused on delivering results
- Degree Level Education.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Accountable for deliveringthe Tanzu ACV & New Logo targets, subscription revenue & services bookings & margins for Tanzu Greater China.
- Drive marketshare growth for Tanzu platform by driving consumption expansion in Global & Enterprise accounts, & coverage expansion in a highly leveraged model for New Logos acquisition
- Be a strong team player on the VMW Greater China Leadership Team
- Develop strategies to promote thought leadership in the market
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with key customers & partners
- Rapidly understand VMware Greater China, its direct markets, channels & resources & assess quickly where additional support & emphasis is required.
- Define & implement the GTM strategy for each sector of this market-leading business, including Enterprise sales a strategy to maximize every sales opportunity supported by a structure that allows VMware to form strategic partnerships with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Recruit & develop a solid specialist sales team capable of selling a complex software stack in a solution selling model.
- Lead & co-ordinate on a region wide basis the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers & marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills & resources are made available in support of Greater China sales activity.
- Acts as a business partner with APJ & Greater China functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals & Human Resources.
- Ensure operational tools such as forecasting systems (Salesforce) are properly implemented, drivea weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMwares leadership of sales pipeline status & potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside & downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Lead by example & create & sustain a performance-driven culture, built on integrity, professionalism, teamwork, & creativity.