Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are a seeking a Head of Member Engagement, who will be responsible for defining the vision, strategy & execution for member engagement across Meetup. Were looking for a customer-focused, data-driven product leader who wants to define & drive the future of Meetup by dramatically increasing the engagement of our 42 million members. Head of Member Engagement? you will play a pivotal role in creating a world class experience for Meetup members one that sparks explosive growth in our engagement metrics.
Driving member engagement may be the single-most important metric in our entire business. The deeper that members engage in Meetup (by joining groups, RSVPing & then attending events) the more value we are providing to our Meetup organizers. We can only build a great business if we are driving significant value on both the demand & supply side. High demand by members drives higher supply of organizers setting up Meetups, which in turn drives higher member demand. This role is critical to the future growth of the company.
This role will direct multiple product teams (product, design & engineering). It will oversee strategy as well as analysts, & it will have meaningful autonomy in figuring out the how in driving success. Building a successful partnership with senior business, design & engineering leaders is a critical part of this job, so you'll need to be a great communicator & collaborator, in addition to a great leader of people & projects.
What youll do:
- Lay out a vision for what successful engagement looks like on Meetup, & how that drives revenue.
- Work closely with our highly talented data science team to develop a deep understanding of what drives engagement through data analysis, & use that analysis to quickly test & learn about new growth drivers
- Create & execute a roadmap that increases engagement
- Establish KPIs, assess performance & constantly identify improvement opportunities. A strong focus will be on driving RSVPs & show-ups to events.
- Build a marketing plan to drive engagement
- Drive a member-centric perspective throughout the organization
- Work with key stakeholders across design, product, engineering & marketing to identify opportunities to drive engagement
- Deeply understand the member experience & biggest gaps/opportunities to better focus the team.
You're our ideal teammate if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience working at a consumer tech or e-commerce company
- Deeply understand the dynamics of a two-sided marketplace
- Are intensely analytical, data-driven & focused on driving revenue to be clear, this individual must absolutely love driving revenue growth
- Have worked on successful iOS & Android apps & always think first about mobile
- Are known for building, leading & inspiring awesome teams
- Are obsessed with measuring the impact of everything that is tested & shipped
- Collaborate successfully with other senior leaders, especially from design & engineering
- Think strategically but you're also willing to get your hands dirty
- Are a creative thinker who brings forward innovative ideas
- Have a passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing lives
This is an exciting time to join as a Meetup executive. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company. We are now going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities & business model as we shift from a subscription business to a two-sided marketplace. Executives who join will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. We were recently acquired by WeWork, & the company is investing significantly in our growth. You in?