Bioinformatics Lead (ProteoVant Therapeutics)
Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology. Roivant recently created a new Vant in Protein Degradation, ProteoVant Therapeutics, through the acquisition of a leading protein degradation company, the investment of its own capital & $200 million of outside capital, as well as the creation of an experienced management team to build ProteoVant into a leading, independent protein degrader company.
ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery & development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We recently acquired numerous novel, protein degrader programs that are in discovery & preclinical development through our acquisition of Oncopia Therapeutics, a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021. The company recently secured $200M in funding from SK Holdings in addition to investment from Roivant Sciences.
In addition to ProteoVants preclinical & discovery protein degrader programs & its deep relationship with the lab of Dr. Shaomeng Wang at the University of Michigan, Proteovant is enhancing its drug discovery engine to accelerate development by combining deep drugging expertise with innovative technology platforms including VantAI (Roivants AI platform) & Silicon Therapeutics (Roivants physics-driven drug design platform).
Our current therapeutic focus includes oncology, immunology, & CNS, with planned expansion into additional therapeutic areas in the near future. ProteoVant is rapidly expanding its discovery & development teams in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, DMPK, bioinformatics, toxicology & CMC at many levels. Our R&D organization is primarily located close to major pharmaceutical companies in the Philadelphia area where we are building state-of-the-art labs & office space. We also maintain offices in New York City, with remote work a possibility for certain positions. Please send your resumes or inquiries to email@example.com.
For additional information on ProteoVant please see our one-page overview here
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Clinical R&D & Chief Scientific Officer
The Head of Program Management will be responsible for driving multiple workstreams for ProteoVants rapidly growing portfolio. This person will be responsible for actively managing & integrating highly technical & cross functional teams to ensure the advancement of programs in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment. They will manage program scope, timelines, deliverables, budget, risks, decisions and alignment across the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background & familiarity with early stage drug development. In this highly visible role, they will be able to routinely flex between scientific / technical details & big-picture planning. They will have or be able to quickly develop a breadth & depth of expertise, spanning research through early clinical development unique to multiple therapeutic modalities, & will partner closely with many internal & external stakeholders. This person will be responsible for building out a team to ensure that the project management function is adequately resourced to meet project demands.
- Drive high performing, cross-functional teams to promote effective communication & ensure integration & alignment of internal subject matter experts via team meetings & program updates
- Ensures that all projects have high-level integrated project plans, with input from all key stakeholders/functions, & ensures progress against all workstreams
- Ensures that functional leaders are defining project strategies & proactively identifying & escalating risks, gaps & challenges, key dependencies & decisions points. Works with teams to develop scenarios & solve problems
- Ensures that team discussions drive to decision-making, defining & resolving action items, agendas & meeting minutes
- Responsible as a key contact for program team related information & for obtaining & maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status & key risks & mitigation strategies
- Fosters strong relationships & supports effective & impactful communications with management, team members & functional line managers in order to ensure active management of issues/risks/decisions/opportunities
- Partner with Regulatory team to prepare for dossier submissions (ie IND) & agency interactions. Partners closely with finance colleagues to support management of financial aspects of programs including tracking to budget & ensuring effective use of resources throughout the year
- Reinforces & supports team operating principles, best practices & team building to ensure effective & high-performing teams
- Serves as a key point person for program team members, particularly on issue identification, resolution and escalation
- Consistently seeks ways to improve team performance
- 10-15+ years experience managing cross-functional drug development teams or managing clinical operations for multiple clinical trials
- Drug development knowledge across a broad range of functions & therapeutic areas
- Knowledge of relevant pharmaceutical quality & regulatory standards requirements
- Proven track record of project and/or operational support for successful IND, CTA, NDA, and/or BLA regulatory submissions
- Track record of creating strategies, long-term planning & managing integrated timelines and resources
- Intellectual agility - able to pivot based on shifting priorities & balance multiple projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment
- Natural collaborator who enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, organization, & critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- PhD or advanced scientific degree is strongly preferred