SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, STARLINK CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As an early member of the global Starlink Customer Operations team, you will own Starlink Customer Support for one of our regions, leading the teams that interface directly with Starlink customers & ensuring they have an exceptional overall experience.
You will have responsibility for hiring, personnel development, & developing a culture of operational rigor where our customers come first. You will partner with other internal teams to surface & resolve root cause of issues impacting our customers, & will be a critical voice in the development of program strategy. You will own goal development, defining associated metrics, & tracking outcomes to ensure our we have happy customers. You are an excellent problem solver that has succeeded wearing many hats, with experience building & developing Support organizations as well as championing & project managing strategic customer-focused initiatives. You move quickly & proactively, are a strong communicator, & will fiercely advocate within the Starlink organization on behalf of our customers.
- Manage Starlink Customer Support for one of our regions (ex. North America). Own end-to-end performance, quality, cost, & team development
- Define team goals - including operational metrics - that lead to a consistently excellent customer experience. Drive performance to these goals
- Own capacity planning (including facility planning), full cycle team development (recruiting, training, growth, coaching), & adapt the organizational structure to anticipate the needs of the program & our customers
- Optimize escalation paths with internal teams (ex. network operations, engineering, reliability) that enables scalable, rapid root cause resolution
- Collaborate with internal tool development teams to identify capabilities that improve customer experience & increase team performance & productivity
- Measure customer happiness with the support we provide, including trend & root cause analysis for our product & service. Use quantitative & qualitative methods to drive broad internal understanding & impact assessment
- Own & improve triage methods, internal playbooks, & external content to improve resolution speed & first touch resolution
- Collaborate with internal teams to design simple, effective, proactive interventions that improve our customers' experience
- Create training program & coaching tools that enable our teams to be knowledgeable, nimble, technically capable, & excellent communicators
- Own inbound & outbound channel strategy (digital, voice, SMS, etc.)
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years of experience leading customer-facing teams
- 5+ years of experience managing people leaders
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience leading teams in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional stakeholder management & leadership through influence
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization. You can distill complex concepts into the simplest explanations, & frame customer pain to influence change around the organization
- Experience leading training, learning & development, analytics, service design, vendor management, or content management groups
- Strong project management, business judgement, problem-solving & analysis skills. Analytical toolbox that includes advanced Excel, SQL, & data visualization platforms
- Technical aptitude ideally, experience with consumer electronics, networking, hardware troubleshooting, software development
- Lean/Six Sigma experience or certifications
- Written/verbal business fluency in Spanish and/or French
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including internationally
- Ability to work extended hours & weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.