Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, & were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
As CarGurus continues to scale globally, we want to ensure that our employees continue to feel connected to, engaged in, & aligned with our mission & how their work contributes to our success. To do this, we need to be thoughtful & intentional about how we communicate within & across the organization.
This role will develop strategies, content, & communications that inform employees, across all global locations, & inspire them to be active & engaged members of our community & culture.
What youll do:
- Guide the internal communications strategy for critical functions across the business, including our people programs & processes.
- Develop content & programs that inspire & engage our employees, driving deeper alignment & execution toward CarGurus mission & goals & fostering connection & culture across all levels, departments, & locations.
- Be a communication & change management strategy advisor for key partners, infusing the employee perspective into all major programs & rollouts & building communications plans that engage the right audiences, in the right way, at the right time.
- Lead the development & execution of manager- focused communications, empowering CarGurus people managers with the information & resources to best support their teams.
- Help manage our internal communications content calendar(s) in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Partner with our PR team to ensure alignment on internal & external news & thought leadership.
- Use data to optimize strategies & ensure we're using the most effective approach.
- Be a champion for clear, human, & impactful communications across the company.
Who you are:
- 5 - 8 years of experience
- B.A., MA in Communications or Marketing preferred
- Strong writer with outstanding attention to detail, & you can translate complex concepts into clear & concise communications
- Youve built integrated communications programs & strategies to support business objectives & managed them from concept to execution
- Experience in digital content creation, including video, blog posts, e-newsletters, podcasts, & more; graphic design skills are a plus!
- Ability to manage content across digital platforms (e.g. intranet, wiki, websites, Slack, etc.)
- Able to collaborate & communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including executive leadership & employees at all levels & global locations
- Youre driven to complete projects in a timely fashion & can adapt & thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Youre passionate about making an impact & building a workplace where all employees can grow & thrive!
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.