Join VillageMD as a Corporate Development Associate in Chicago, IL.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Corporate Development Associate to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a Corporate Development Associate you will directly support the evaluation & execution of potential growth partnerships. They will develop strong working relationships across the organization maintaining regular interaction & collaboration with staff & executive leadership.
How you can make a difference
- Lead day-to-day transaction execution, coordinate due diligence, & support the structuring of acquisition opportunities in coordination with operational leads, legal counsel, & external parties.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of financial, legal, & operational data to evaluate potential M&A targets
- Develop detailed financial models in support of strategic acquisitions & other new growth partnership opportunities.
- Support the full transaction lifecycle including reviewing confidential information presentations, preparing, & reviewing data rooms, conducting due diligence, etc.
- Create in-depth memorandums & present to senior management regarding the rationale of prospective acquisitions.
- Drive continuous improvement of analytical tools, processes, & outputs.
- Assist with the management of select business development initiatives & other strategic projects.
- Support the Corporate Development pipeline by researching industry dynamics, screening potential acquisitions, & developing acquisition business cases.
- Synthesize information gathered in due diligence process to inform key decision makers.
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn, take initiative & be resourceful.
- A bias for action & pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment.
- Ability to solve problems & establish trust.
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication & doing what you say you will do.
Experience to drive change
- Bachelors degree required.
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance & accounting principles
- Prior M&A experience highly preferred, healthcare experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with financial analysis in the context of transactions including pro forma financial modeling & valuation.
- Demonstrated organizational skills & the ability to multi-task & deliver quality outcomes while effectively managing multiple competing priorities.
- Previous, external client interface & relationship management strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience managing M&A processes within investment banking, corporate development, consulting, private equity, or related environment.
- Experience building relationships & working on diverse teams.
- Demonstrated history of presenting to senior executives & Board of Directors.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus, & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.