SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTRICAL HARDWARE DEVELPMENT ENGINEER (SWARM)
Swarms mission is to connect people & devices from anywhere in the world at the lowest possible cost. We do this by designing, building, & launching the smallest satellites currently in space each satellite is about the size of a sandwich & is far more affordable to manufacture then typical satellites. We pass these cost savings on to our customers that can provide solar power & clean water in remote villages in Africa, prevent wildfires & illegal logging in the Amazon rainforest, track shipping containers in the middle of the ocean, & monitor the health of crops & livestock on the most rural farms. After being acquired by SpaceX in 2021, Swarm has continued to launch even more satellites & expand our network, ultimately providing critical data solutions to those that need it most.
As an Electrical Hardware Development Engineer, you will prototype, design, build, & test customer satellite & satellite components. You will own the entire product lifecycle & work with other team members to take input, encompass changes, & cull requirements to create new devices that meet an exacting level of precision. You will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge development efforts that will usher in the next era of global connectivity.
- Own & rapidly design, develop & test highly reliable electronics for communicating with our satellites
- Drive electrical architecture, specification, component selection, circuit board design, implementation, verification, board bring up & debugging
- Partner with software, mechanical, thermal, manufacturing, & test teams release products that enable IoT connectivity anywhere in the world
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering
- 1+ years of experience designing electronic products (internship & project experience is applicable)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience as an electrical engineer
- Proficient with industry standard PCB layout tools (e.g. Altium, etc.) for layout & BOM creation
- Experience working with PCB board houses during PCB manufacturing, & designing for at-scale manufacturing
- Experience designing embedded systems, DC-DC convertors, power supplies, & RF filters
- Prior experience designing RF communications products
- Prior experience designing hardware systems for battery powered operations
- Must be able to travel (up to 10%) to other SpaceX locations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.