Magnite is the worlds largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Projects programmatic expertise & Telarias talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms & connect with buyers across every channel & format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, & guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity is NASDAQ: MGNI.
Magnite conducts 100+ billion ad request auctions daily carrying $236+ million of revenue annually. To stand out among competitors, Magnite strategically focuses on being the most efficient, highest scale exchange. By joining the Demand Technology (DT) team, you will directly impact both axes of the strategic vision.
DT specializes in building traffic shaping technology to prioritize the highest value ad requests at scale. With 100+ billion daily transactions, a 1% improvement in ad request prioritization impacts 10+ million transactions daily.
What you will be doing:
- As a DT software engineer, you will develop large scale distributed systems & solve deep technical & mathematical challenges. Typical challenge we face include:
- Large scale data analysis: Solving problems involving complex mathematical algorithms to optimize traffic consumption.
- High performance software: Writing optimized, low-latency software that routes high volumes of ad request traffic. We target p99 latencies <= 20ms while maximizing throughput.
- Cost optimization: Improving profit margins by lowering the infrastructure cost basis to optimize traffic.
What we look for:
- 1-5 years of software development experience, & a BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Acting as an owner. We are responsible for the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to production support.
- Engaging in critical & creative thinking. We expect engineers to present & debate tradeoffs to solve the problems we face.
- Open to working with the functional programming (FP) paradigm. We attempt to pragmatically apply FP principles & expect you will too.
- Experience designing & implementing high throughput/low latency, & data ingestion systems at scale on-premise & in the Cloud.
Technology stack we use:
- Scala for core development.
- Spark Structured Streaming, Kafka, Airflow, Mesos, & Marathon for data ingest & machine learning.
- Combination of Terraform, Helm, & Argo for Cloud-based Kubernetes deployments.
What's in it for you:
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization & provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental & vision plans to cover you & your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life & Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!