Processor Lead - Insurance Ops
Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Processor Lead to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative & to build an excellent insurance operation from the ground up. This position has the potential for tremendous growth & leadership opportunities as the organization scales & expands into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
As a Processor Lead at Oscar, you are responsible for doing everything necessary to help us build a solid operational foundation. In this role, you will be working closely with internal Oscar teams ranging from member service, risk, network, clinical, population health, & technical teams with leadership exposure. You may also be interacting closely with compliance teams.
You will report into the Associate Operations Manager, Insurance Operations
- Form a strong working relationship with internal & external stakeholders across the organization
- Support your Team Lead or Manager by driving decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Stay up to date on relevant policies, as well as proactively identify & measure the impact of any changes on our internal operations
- Implement the staffing strategy of processors using prioritization schemas to best manage all resources to service our members & providers
- Partners with Leads / Analysts, turning qualitative findings to quantitative action steps
- Communicate to business partners, inside & outside of Oscar with the highest level of professionalism & courtesy
- Identify behavioral gaps leading to performance degradation while maintaining the ability to strategically tailor messages & coach based on specific team needs
- A proven culture carrier encouraging an open & positive working environment while promoting respectful challenges
- 1+ years of related work experience in healthcare or analytics
- 1+ years of professional experience including significant work in Claims, Pricing, Eligibility & Billing, & Provider Data or analytics
- 1+ years of experience with medical claims or eligibility processing, provider data roster files, & multi-site interaction responsibilities
- Familiar with SQL or similar database languages used for monitoring business progress or data display
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A Bachelors degree
- Experience leading from a remote environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.