We are currently seeking a Director of Product Management, Transaction Enablement reporting to the VP of Product. This person will own the 1stDibs roadmap for the processing & fulfillment of our high-value, complex orders. In this newly created role they will be responsible for a robust portfolio of features & functionality required to support global transactions for one-of-a-kind items.
In this role you will be in a unique position to transform critical parts of the order funnel to ensure customers have a seamless experience from checkout through item delivery. This includes optimizing a variety of order types (full price/negotiated), ensuring global shipping quotes can be provided at scale, supporting seamless cross-border transactions, adding localized payment methods, & much more. As a global marketplace with aggressive expansion plans, this role will be critical to ensuring rapid growth in international markets. This will be accomplished via hands-on ownership as well as leadership both direct & through influence across the organization working closely with design, marketing & engineering teams. You will have the opportunity to leverage big data & develop proprietary algorithms.
The successful candidate will bring proven product-oriented thinking, combined with communication, analytical & leadership skills. Candidates must be passionate about leading people, working across global cultures, solving complex technical problems at scale, driving business growth in international markets, & making an impact at a growth stage company thats reshaping economic models.
What Youll Do
- Own the roadmap for two key product tracks: Logistics & Transactions
- Identify features & functionality that will make 1stDibs platform more scalable & help achieve growth targets.
- Lead other product managers, both directly & indirectly
- Leverage data, analysis & subject expertise to make difficult tradeoff decisions to ensure clear prioritization - clearly communicate decisions across the organization.
- Collect, analyze & understand key product metrics - being aware of progress toward goals at all times
- Be the internal & external expert for Logistics & Ecommerce transactions - understand & communicate long & short term trends, plus their potential impact on the business & the product roadmap
- Effectively collaborate with Product, Commercial, Logistics, Accounting & Engineering teams to prioritize, validate, & define product requirements.
Experience / Qualification
- Demonstrable success as a product owner with responsibility for order processing, order fulfillment or checkout conversion.
- Previous experience with building logistics products or transaction platform tools, ideally with global support.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, influence & coordinate cross-functional teams
- Previous success building, launching & growing a complex technology platform
- Adheres to an Agile development methodology with frequent product release cycles.
- Has experience with user interface design including functional requirements gathering, user analysis, information architecture, prototyping & usability testing..
- Technical chops able to engage with a sophisticated development team, articulate product design & frame technical decisions appropriately.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities & general growth challenges of an
- early-stage technology company.
- Able to break down complex problems & communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions.
- Create a plan, build consensus & make things happen
- A bias toward action - roll-up-your-sleeves entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
- Excellent communication skills speaking, writing, listening, presenting, influencing with particular grasp of storytelling & multi-phased roadmap communication
- A high level of intelligence, able to grasp & solve complex business issues quickly & creatively.
- An authentic belief in the companys vision, business model, & ability to succeed.
- High ethical standards that are consistent with the policies & values of the company.
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.