SecurityScorecard makes the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve & communicate this ever-present threat of cybersecurity risk to audiences who need to know now. As the global leader in cybersecurity ratings with more than 12 million continuously rated organizations, we are backed by world-class investors including Evolution Equity Partners, Silver Lake Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, & others. SecurityScorecard's patented rating technology is used by more than 30,000 organizations for enterprise & third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, cyber insurance underwriting, & regulatory oversight. For more information on how we change the world, visit securityscorecard.com or connect with us on LinkedIn.
We are a remote-first company with more than 500 employees around the world. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace" & one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for multiple years in a row.
The best & brightest minds in technology are at SecurityScorecard, to empower businesses & government partners around the world with the trust & confidence needed to make smarter, faster decisions. Join us!
SigInt Collections Engineer
The Signals Intelligence team collects signals on a massive scale translating them into actionable intelligence that helps drive SecurityScorecards flagship ratings platform. This team develops scalable systems to collect & scan the internet at large to fuel the product. The signals intelligence team partners with threat research & other parts of the organization to understand the requirements that define new signals. Come & be part of an exciting team that is building the next generation of threat intelligence.
What Youll Do
You will be working on cutting edge technology, at scale. We collect hundreds of Gigabytes of data a day & process just as much. As part of this job you will have the following responsibilities
- Design & develop Python based applications including testing, optimization & scaling
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, & data engineers to empower & evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- Peer review of design, code & tests
- Develop distributed application using Confluent Kafka platform
- Automate deployment of distributed applications with CI/CD, release management & release communications
- Manage the infrastructure of bare metal or cloud (AWS) compute instances.
- Provision, fine-tune Linux (Ubuntu,Debian) based instances, setup firewall, & other configurations
- Utilize Ansible or similar configuration management, IaS to deploy & scale
- Debug performance & other issues in all environments
- Manage metrics, alerts for Kafka & Python code instrumentation ( DataDog, Sentry)
- Maintain SLA for uptime & code deploy
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems using Python, Kafka & Bash
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps, CI/CD, & other misc Automation
- 3-5 years of experience in Linux (shell or other scripting), networking
- Some experience with cloud & cluster computing
Additional Preferred Experience
- Network Security - TCP/IP protocols , vulnerability, port scanning
- DataDog, Splunk, Confluent Kafka, PySpark
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, or disability status