At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
We work on unique questions at the intersection of tech, reverse logistics & the sharing economy & are obsessed with improving our customer experience every day. Finding solutions often requires pushing the boundaries of data science & finding novel & creative solutions. This is where we hope you come in.
About the Role:
For anyone who enjoys untangling logistical complexity & solving difficult problems using the power of data, RTR is offering your dream job. You will be analyzing reams of inventory movement, warehouse labor, retail store & customer interaction data to drive tactical/strategic decisions, & the overall product vision. We are seeking strong dynamic talent to support the critical data & analysis needs to optimize the operational process behind the only reverse logistics platform for luxury goods in the world. You will be working closely with the following systems:
- Warehouse Management System.
- Order & user management system which smartly allocate our users & orders to the right distribution center
- Smart booking system that minimizes future inventory conflicts
- Fulfillment system which turns inventory from one reservation to another just-in-time within our vertically integrated operations involving returns, cleaning, repairs, QC etc.
- Allocation system (the brain) which controls the assignment of units to reservations to optimize business objectives
What Youll Do:
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, operational research, statistical methods & data mining to see beyond the numbers & extract actionable insights to reduce our operation cost, improve our inventory turnaround time, optimize our transportation network.
- Cross-functionally lead a team of multiple stakeholders (Operation, Product, Analysts, Data, Engineering) to help Rent the Runways Operation team to reduce cost to serve, while ensuring a perfect Cinderella experience for the customer.
- Define & track success metrics to evaluate our constantly evolving supply chain network & operational process. Proactively identify hidden inefficiencies in our operations workflow to capture greater cost saving; collaborate with operations team to address these inefficiencies & ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead the design & delivery of dashboards to measure the health of our operation.
- Build models to optimize operations labor planning to ensure sufficient capacity while minimizing fulfillment cost.
- Diagnose & communicate root causes of changes in operational metrics.
- Transform data into real time predictive insight to guide warehouse with labor planning & capacity monitoring.
- Evolve to become a key influencer of operations strategies. What other questions should we be asking & answering?
- Create reusable datasets with appropriate architecture using our complex data pipeline. Develop & share best operating practices within the broader Analytics team
- Strong quantitative and/or technical academic background: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or other quantitative field. Masters is a plus!
- You have a passion for data & its ability to inform (and transform!) business strategy.
- Experience working with operations team, share the sense of urgency & handles well under tight project deadline.
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- You are a SQL expert who speaks the language of joins, window functions, common table expressions, & stored procedures
- Strong experience building models (classification, regression, clustering) in Python/R
- Ability to visualize data to tell stories: you have developed dashboards with BI tools like Tableau & Looker, as well as custom UIs with tools like R Shiny & Dash
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos & culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, & dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.