As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The successful candidate will be working in the Gateway Services Development team which is part of the Network Processing organization. This team is responsible for the ownership, development, & support of the Visa Message Gateway (VMG) & Extended Access (EA) systems. These systems provide Visa clients (acquirers & issuers) access into VisaNet by routing financial traffic to the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) & Clearing & Settlement systems. VMG & EA are engineered to be highly available, with superlative performance & reliability. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter & quick learner.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical disciplineor at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 4+ years of Java experience is required. The candidate must have excellent Java programming skills.
- 4+ years of experience in developing Unix-based software (Linux preferred) including scripting (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.) is required.
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite.
- At least 7+ years of professional experience in object oriented analysis, design & development.
- Experience should include developing back-end applications including multi-process & multi-threaded architectures.
- 7+ years of experience with industry standard tools & frameworks such as Ant, JUnit, log4j & others is highly desired.
- Any experience in C++ & TCP/IP (i.e. socket based programming) is a strong plus.
- A good understanding of File Transfer Protocols (FTPS/SFTP), Web Services, HTTP/HTTPs & RESTful API will be helpful.
- Experience with industry source code management tools: Git, Jira, etc.
- Any experience with Go Language, Big Data/Relational Databases, & Machine Learning are a plus.
Work on the design & coding of complex mission-critical systems.
Collaborate with other engineers to develop flexible cost effective solutions to tactical & strategic business requirements.
Formally specify & document detailed design using object oriented design paradigm.
Code application & system components covering one or more of the following areas: user interface, business functions, database, security & others.
Implement automated tests into a test framework that verify the application & system.
Provide support to the QA & Production Support Teams.
Participate in design & code reviews to ensure that high quality work is delivered.
Champion software development best practices such as software development standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration test etc.
Coordinate with other groups such as QA & Production Support to work towards the common goal
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves availableduring core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.