As a Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure, youll help design & implement our mission-critical data infrastructure that seamlessly enables mass-scale, highly complex & data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic & analytics research for our global ride-sharing service. Youll be working with remote teams in the US/EU/AP regions on a daily basis.
What Youll Do:
- Build & manage the data infrastructure at scale that enables the rest of the company to easily interact with the mass-scale company data.
- Design & implement data pipelines from concepts to reality.
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements: re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability & stability, automating processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Drive speed, simplicity & robustness by automating production deployments.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer developing production quality software.
- Strong track-record of building, launching, & interacting with data pipelines at scale in both a batch & streaming fashion.
- Proficiency in SQL, & Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience with relational SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines & methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team & work towards them.
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem & are able to transform it into a simple one (or more) that you can easily solve.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery.
- Experience with tools like Apache Airflow, dbt, Apache Kafka, Spark.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.