WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork has accumulated vast amount of business data, together with external data sources, we are tackling a wide range of interesting & business-critical problems:
- Forecast demand for workspace in short & long term horizons; provide data-driven guidance for WeWorks expansion around the world.
- Develop innovative pricing strategies for WeWork spaces & services.
- Build customer models to drive sales, reduce churn, improve member happiness & company bottom line.
- And many more exciting problems that we can use data to solve!
You will lead or participate in the whole life cycle of the analyses, modeling & data solutions:
- Understand WeWorks core products & offerings, identify critical data problems, design & implement data-driven approaches for quantitative analyses & solutions.
- Understand WeWorks proprietary data & external data sources, gather data & automate data pipelines.
- Develop algorithms & build models to solve business problems. Develop metrics & dashboards to measure & track the value of the solutions.
- Interpret the findings from the analyses & identify WeWork growth opportunities.
- You will work closely with data engineers, business analysts, & operations. WeWork is a place people help each other.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or other related quantitative fields.
- Strong data intuition, deep knowledge in data modeling, statistical inference, machine learning, & other quantitative approaches; causal analysis is a plus.
- Experience with manipulating large scale datasets & operating on cloud data platforms. Proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages. Familiarity with SQL & ETL scripts.
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Practical experience in building & shipping data solutions in the real world is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.