WorldRemit -if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards & more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family & friends. We're leading an online revolution & laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
At the heart of all of this is our Engineering function who are looking for an iOS Developerto join one of our feature Teams in the Krakw Office to help us build a beautiful app for our customers.
You will help the team to build in all of the extra features our customers want in the app. Improve the architectural design. Change & improve the flow of the app as well to ultimately continue simplifying the user journey. This is just the start!
Day to day stuff:
- Write well-structured, commented, beautiful clean code
- See unit testing as a benefit, not a chore
- Feed your opinions to the product team
- Be close friends with tracking tools, not enemies
Some things we want to see from you:
- Working experience working with CI processes, TDD, BDD & the best practises required for continuous delivery
- Experience developing applications using Objective-C & Swift
- Experience developing native apps
- Experience working in a team in an agile development environment-using scrum as the development methodology
- University degree in computer science or related field
- Proficient with making network requests on iOS working with REST API design & development for mobile including authentication best practise (e.g. OAuth)
- Any apps you have in the app store too, please do share. We'd love to see them!
You will be someone who:
- is passionate about technology & keen to learn new techniques & methodologies
- is passionate about quality & customer experience
- asks questions & uses experience of those around you
- shares knowledge with the rest of the team
- is keen to take initiatives to improve & collaborate
Nice to haves:
- Development experience on non-mobile platforms such as micro-services or web applications
- Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) & UI test frameworks
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
Who we are:
Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day. After all, 120,000 5 reviews cant be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
The work were doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners & Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us & as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify & Netflix, we know were in good company! Not only that, but were also a member of TechCity UKs prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.