Brightflag is a cloud platform that provides automation & insights for corporate legal teams. We use artificial intelligence to understand the work lawyers are doing & categorize it against the broadest & deepest legal taxonomy in the world. This data is then used to drive automation throughout the legal service management process & to provide insights that support making informed decisions.
The customer success team is responsible for everything following the signature of an initial subscription agreement, including implementation, support, & retention. Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, & a member of the executive team, the VP, Customer Success will develop a strategy & lead execution for this team, currently:
- Implementation (4): Project management, configuration, & training
- Technical support (3): Reactive support & documentation
- Customer success (2 people): Proactive support & retention
What Skills do I need?
- 5+ years working with six-figure annual recurring revenue software customers in an individual or managerial capacity
- 3+ years directly managing five or more employees in customer-facing positions at a software company
- Demonstrate an understanding of & ability to live our values
- Think Long Term
- Make Every Day Count
- Win & Lose Together
- Embrace Authenticity
- Be locally based in our Manhattan office
- Travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
Key Qualities of a successful candidate?
We believe that perfect candidates dont exist, so have kept our requirements concise. What follows is a list of prior experiences that we believe are indicators of likely success in the role; the more relevant experience a candidate possesses, the more likely that candidate is to succeed. We dont require that a candidate have all of the following experiences; equally, a candidate with few of them is unlikely to be a good fit.
This list is ordered roughly from most to least important:
- Has identified & implemented a series of customer success metrics to align team behaviors with customer results
- Has owned implementation strategy & execution where the average time to implement a new customer is 90 or more days
- Has made final decisions on hiring employees, including writing job descriptions & candidate evaluation guides
- Has managed a geographically distributed, & ideally an internationally distributed team, for an extended period of time
- Has bought & implemented software for ticketing, live chat, customer success management, & conversation intelligence
- Has owned reactive support strategy & execution as a stand-alone function, i.e., a team dedicated to managing support
- Has owned existing customer commercial relationships, with incentive compensation tied to net revenue retention or a similar metric
- Has used the Sandler Methodology or a similar selling system or customer management framework
- Has owned user documentation strategy & execution, ideally for more than one persona group (e.g., disparate user groups with differing workflows)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Health insurance
- Central office location in New York
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Work Scheme benefit
- Downtime is important at Brightflag, we offer 20 days holiday
- 401K Plan Option
At Brightflag, we are a diverse & inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives & people who make every day count & strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.