BARK creates products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the humans who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is boundless! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to dogs across the world. We use our customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
Engineering Managers at BARK keep their hands on the code, but spend the majority of their time focused on making their teams work better, including pairing with your team & providing regular code reviews & feedback. As an engineering manager, you will prioritize & plan the work of the team alongside your engineers & product manager. You will actively coach engineers on their day-to-day work & their career aspirations, conduct regular 1:1s for your reports, & evaluate their performance quarterlysetting actionable goals that help them grow in the work & move the team & company forward. You will remove obstacles for the team to unblock their work. This role will require you to recruit & hire great talent for the team by being an evangelist for the organization. In addition, you will help shape the direction of our tech stack to address the evolving needs of the business.
- Experience & Leadership: You are a thoughtful, talented engineer who has good experience facilitating the work of their colleagues & reports. You have some experience managing technical teams & guiding them to success, & you care deeply about the quality of your work & the teams work.
- Goal Driven: You set clear goals, that are meaningful for your team & are aligned with our customer & business goals, & that the entire team can rally behind.
- Humility: You're humble, self-aware, & always give credit to your team.
- Communication skills: You are a strong, transparent communicator, & have worked in a matrixed product organization, closely-coupled with designers & product managers. You are able to communicate goals clearly to your team & stakeholders.
- Empathy: Youre a respectful & empathetic teammate who is willing to go the extra mile for others, & you care about helping us create a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect all & practice empathy at every opportunity.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & dogs to pet anytime you wish.