MakeSpace is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to help us scale our products & lead our Customer Experience (CX) team. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our new CX team. Youll be working with a team of engineers & will help us scale our product capabilities & business in cities across North America. You will work closely with our Growth Team & leaders on the Product team to build structures & processes.
You can expect to:
- Write, test, document & deploy Python, Node.js, & React code.
- Create, review & optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create, & deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams
- Write code that will perform efficiently & accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design & update RESTful APIs & their documentations.
- Bring a careful & creative hand to legacy code, & to our brand new applications.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Apply your skills to our tech stack, including Python, Django, React, Redux, Node.js, MySQL
- Our infrastructure consists mostly of Amazon AWS with applications running in Docker.
- Youve guided at least three unique products through various phases of growth & inflection at different companies.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer & strive to have a large impact on your team & the company through your product contributions.
- Youre motivated by a desire for involvement in product definition.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
- Deep competence in Python, React, & Node.js
- Experience in one other programming paradigm - the JVM or a distributed systems language.
- Competence in asynchronous communication solutions such as RabbitMQ.
- An interest in finding tangible solutions to Logistics & Transportation problems that help drive positive customer experiences.
- Remote is great with us!
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.