THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
At Blue Apron, design is a core component in fulfilling our vision of sparking discovery, connection, & joy through cooking. For us, design is not just the way things look or feel, but also how they work. We have a complex product that needs to be simple & inviting for all customers.
The Digital Consumer Design team is responsible for the entire end-to-end digital customer experience. Were a lean, empathetic team of go-getters that work collaboratively with every team at Blue Apron. The products & experiences you design will impact every Blue Apron customer & the business.
WHATS ON THE MENU
Blue Apron employees are Blue Apron customers, we love our product & believe that after trying Blue Apron millions of customers will love it too.
With product, engineering & marketing you will create a best in class new customer experience. Potential customers will know Blue Apron is for people like them & you will help set them up for a long term relationship with Blue Apron.
You are empathetic, motivated to learn, & eager to advocate for the customer across the business.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Solve problems with creative solutions to delight customers & meet business objectives
- Be the crucial first part of the product development process for the first interaction customers have with Blue Apron
- Using internal resources & your own investigation you will identify & prioritize customer problems, brainstorming solutions & eventually produce an experience that meets customer needs
- Work fast in developing divergent solutions through quick sketching, prototypes, & experiments to validate ideas & opinions.
- Wear many hats, from assisting user research, developing customer flows, creating prototypes, high fidelity designs & front-end implementation with the engineering team
- You will be mindful & deliberate when designing experiences, from the overarching user flow to refining details in UI.
- You will develop an understanding about the work of other teams & seek opportunities to strengthen relationships.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops. You share your work early & often, love to collaborate, & proactively seek out input from those around you.
- Are open to new ideas & alternate solutions while maintaining focus on your goals. Youre flexible, value compromise, & approach work without the hint of an ego.
- With your product & engineering partners you will strategically break up work to roll out designs in phased iterative steps in order to validate decisions & minimize risk.
- Communicate design decisions openly & confidently, regardless of the audience as well as be open to feedback from peers
- Be empathetic to understand user needs & motivations that differ from your own
- Be motivated to solve hard problems for customers in a fun, fast paced & high standards environment
- Take the time to develop trusted relationships with your product & engineering colleagues to align on priorities
- Ability to articulate user needs & pain points to multiple stakeholders within the business
- You enjoying developing user flows & journeys for happy paths & edge cases
- Love leading whiteboard sessions to develop potential solutions to customer problems
- You can follow existing design system guidelines but contribute to the evolution of these components
- Want things to be right & will pair with engineers in QA to ensure what we ship is of the highest quality
- Have foundational product design experience but am eager to learn more
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.