Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers & merchants) & solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance & profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact & tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams & the Center of Excellence (COE) team which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions & Acquiring)
What a Manager, Digital, Visa Consulting & Analytics does at Visa:
Working with the Digital SME Lead, the Manager will be responsible for significant components of client consulting engagements, & in some cases end-to-end delivery of these engagements, within the digital vertical. Typically, this will involve the Manager interacting with the client team, gathering & managing project inputs, analyzing data to form conclusions & recommendations, developing & presenting compelling project reports & working with clients on executing recommendations.
Usually, 2-4 months in duration & running in parallel, potential projects could include payment strategy review & roadmap design, digital payments wallet assessment & launch, mobile banking App review & enhancement. It would also include driving digital engagement on client portfolios powered by Visa's data, collaborating closely with the data science teams on building data driven solutions to drive digitization & growth of payments with clients, development of industry landscape evaluations & best practices.
The Manager will be responsible for supporting the Digital Practice team in identifying potential clients' business pain-points & areas for strategy & process improvement, thereby defining project scope deliverables & revenue opportunity to sell-in client engagement projects & building new practice solutions.
- Contribute to the development of VCA's Digital consulting offerings & engagement delivery in Asia Pacific to help Visa clients protect & grow payments across digital channels
- Prepare client proposals & project plans, identifying dependencies, roles & responsibilities, scope & deliverables
- Participate in delivering project engagements by preparing project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
- Conduct industry research, drawing on Visa & partner resources as well as colleagues to identify global best practices & distill insights relevant to the client problem at hand
- Continuously build knowledge, surfacing new insights & producing thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development
- Create compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements & more broadly
- Support Thought Leadership projects on the future of payment to our clients & partners
- Support Digital VCA solutions & support the development of Global Digital solutions, capabilities & credentials.
Why this is important to Visa
With a rapid change in the payment landscape, new regulations around Open banking & Open data, new bank licenses & emergency of new fintech players - the payment ecosystem is rapidly evolving & our clients are looking to Visa as the payment experts to help them navigate through the opportunities & challenges that these changes pose. Visa with its global reach & clients across regions is seen as to be best placed to assist our clients sharing global trends & best practices as they try to solve strategic business problems & drive growth in payments through digitization. A new role within the COE, we are looking for an individual to join us as Manager - Digital. Reporting directly to the Digital Practice SME. The role will support & deliver projects across the AP region & will work on consulting engagements for Visa clients in driving client's payments roadmap & digital strategies, enabling growth of digital payments & experiences, using the power of Visa data & analytics to solve clients pain points & solve business issues for our clients including advising on growth partnership, product strategies, banking experience.
These consulting engagements will help Visa clients address challenges & opportunities related to Digital customer engagement & Digital transformation. Consulting engagements will allow Visa clients define strategic directions, enhance channels & improve infrastructure & servicing.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will have already accumulated some consulting experience & will be curious about the payments industry & keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end & relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Essential specific skill-set & experience required:
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Strong team orientation, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral & written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in & passion for the power of analytics to inform & drive strategy & tactics, & proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Some experience in payments and/or financial services & banking
- Exposure to customer experience design (using human centered design / design thinking)
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc
- Strong undergraduate academic accomplishment
- Willingness to travel (35%+)
What will also help:
Direct relevant experience in consulting roles & or payment / technology firms
High comfort & experience with & knowledge of payments landscape, ecosystem players & solutions
Projects you will be a part of:
The nature of projects this role would play a key role in are varied. To list a few, this would include:
- Review & define our client's Payment Strategy
- New product & experience development for clients
- Driving digital adoption & engagement on client portfolios
- Evaluation of client mobile app functionality, benchmarking & recommendations
- Building thought leadership & global best practice materials
- Partnering with Visa Data science team to brainstorm & build high impact scalable client solutions leveraging the power of Visa data to solve for key Client business issues
Think you have what it takes?
If you're interested in a career that will surprise you - get in touch with Visa today.