Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely & securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, youre probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you cant tell were there.
We solve world-scale problems & provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths & allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills & a relentless focus on the customer, & we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft & excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams & stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, weve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, & contextual commerce in Python. Heres more:
- Communication is key to our process, & we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development & believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department developers test, release & monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups & have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well & opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds & experiences. A broad range of ideas & perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
Types of projects we work on:
Treasury - Our platform which drives financial disbursements to merchants around the world.
Merchant Reporting - Delivering scalable data solutions to our partners: transaction records, payment methods, currencies, & features.
Custom Actions - Expanding the capabilities of the Braintree platform by leveraging edge compute & serverless technologies.
Enterprise In-Store - Extend our expertise in e-commerce to physical stores by building an innovative omnichannel platform.
What we look for in you:
- 5+ years experience building software or web applications with object oriented or functional programming languages. Preferably Ruby or Java, but it doesnt matter what language, just a focus on writing clean, well designed & scalable code.
- Ability & desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming & fluid interactions with all products & operations teams.
- Interest in TDD & specific experiences using a test heavy approach to solve problems & create solutions.
- Focus on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with Product Managers, communicating & digesting real time feedback, & working smart to build story cards on daily basis.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us & help us expand our skills & knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel & attendance costs for conferences, & we offer opportunities & tools for speaking.
We know the confidence gap & imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!