Who we are & what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity & technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, & its brand & market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, & product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Authoring Experience Engineering Team
The Authoring Experience Team is at the heart of survey creation & response collection across the Momentive platform. We develop the experience which helps customers design the surveys to help them answer the burning questions about the next family gathering or PTA meeting, to more complex NPS & Customer Satisfaction challenges, & everything in-between. Through our close collaboration between UX & Product Management teams we design & create high quality survey taking features for our customers; from the individual up to large Fortune 500 enterprises.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems & developing new product features. You will work both within the Authoring experience team & cross functionally with peers across the Surveys Core organization. Your technical work, experience, product ideas, & leadership contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team. You will report to the engineering manager on the Authoring Experience team.
- Lead both team-specific & cross functional projects within your functional scope
- Be responsible for defining the technical design, function & scope of projects
- Define, measure & improve observability metrics across Authoring with the goal of addressing issues & patterns proactively
- Assess, define & help promote best practices & coding standards across the team, including improvements to process.
- Mentor engineers within the scope of your domain
- Focus on code quality & writing reliable tests that detect problems early
- Investigate & address issues with performance, scalability, maintainability & accessibility
- Promote experimentation throughout our product & engineering organization
- Bring your own ideas to the table, working with product, design & our partners to add value for our customers
- Participate in a large-scale rewrite of our systems from jQuery, REST, & Python into React, GraphQL & Node.js
- 8+ years frontend web development experience working on high-traffic, highly-visible sites using modern frontend technologies
- Experience leading significant portions of projects requiring coordination across teams & functions
- Experience driving major technology features across multiple projects
- Experience writing functional & regression tests. WebDriver.io experience preferred
- Experience with REST APIs & coding against external services
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, & TypeScript
- Experience meeting WCAG Accessibility guidelines preferred
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow & shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work & National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, & National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work & Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment & discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, & the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.