At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for an intelligent & motivated non-lawyer to join its legal team. As Senior Manager, Legal Operations, you will deeply understand Rent the Runway, how each department across the business works with the Legal Department & how you can contribute to & impact the Legal Departments work. Youll be expected to take ownership over projects, workflows & certain functions of the Legal Department, while regularly updating the Senior Corporate Counsel on progress. You will understand how to work well within a highly cross-functional organization & have an immediate impact on key aspects of Rent the Runways innovative business. This role reports into the Senior Corporate Counsel.
What Youll Do:
- Administer & process employee equity grants & related transactions.
- Oversee the management of Concord, our contracts management system, including creating agreement summaries & providing information about agreements to company stakeholders.
- Manage certain aspects of Rent the Runways procurement activities.
- Assist with the maintenance, review & renewal of insurance policies & obtaining certificates of insurance when necessary.
- Identify process improvement opportunities & develop an understanding of department workflows while expanding best practices & relieving bottlenecks.
- Prepare, review & markup certain agreements, such as NDAs, & order forms.
- Conduct training & create written materials for cross-functional teams on legal processes & tools.
- Assist with administrative work for the Legal Department, including coordinating Legal Department communications, continuing legal education, meetings & events.
- Youll act as a project manager for initiatives led or supported by the Legal Department.
- Youll identify, implement & own legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices.
You Should Have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of directly relevant work experience as a corporate paralegal or project manager.
- You have impeccable attention to detail.
- Youre a strong & efficient problem solver.
- You are a self-starter who is proactive & can work independently with minimal oversight.
- Youre trustworthy & able to keep information confidential.
- You can manage a variety of high priority issues without missing any deadlines or breaking a sweat.
- Time management & prioritization are second nature to you, so you always understand what needs to be done first in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of work.
- You consistently produce timely & high quality work product & never hesitate to ask for more.
- You know how to develop, implement & use legal technology solutions like Concord.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!