What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to compete with big chains & grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
We are looking for an energetic & entrepreneurial Senior Manager to join our recently created Product Marketing team. Within this role, youll work at the intersection of Product Development, Marketing, & Sales, to lead product launches, implement our go-to-market strategy, & drive retention across our dual-sided marketplace. This is a highly visible role that will drive critical strategic product & marketing decisions for the company.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Representing the voice of our customers, & working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product management & analytics on research, development & product prototyping to ensure we are building the right products for our users. Be a key contributor to any product roadmap discussion & decisions.
- Owning all internal & external communication of any new product features & launches as well as the associated go-to-market strategy, including pricing decisions, messaging, customer segmentation, program rules, & metrics to measure success.
- Work closely with the Operations & Marketing teams to understand key metrics like Marketplace churn, time to implementation & funnel conversion rates, & identify ways to improve user experience.
- Supporting the field organization by leading the creation of effective marketing collateral, including solution overviews, customer communications, & case studies/success stories.
- Defining clear, measurable product marketing goals & tracking against them
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of marketing, product marketing, and/or consulting experience preferably at a B2B or B2B2C SaaS or platform business.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data, perform qualitative research & distill findings into actionable takeaways
- Ability to work seamlessly across the organization, experience leading projects & influencing cross-functional team members
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment. Comfortable with a fast-paced culture where priorities & projects change rapidly.
- Passionate about Slices mission & excited about building a thriving community of local pizzerias
- Excellent at articulating value propositions, developing compelling messaging & communicating complex ideas in a simple, user-friendly way.
- Can lead strategic conversations with senior leaders, but also roll up your sleeves & drive ground-level efforts whenever necessary.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution; MBA degree preferred but not required.
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.
When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.
We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.